Welcome to MavBlog!

Welcome to MavBlog • Providing Insite & Information on the Mavericks Since 1985Mankato, Minn.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I got a lot to say

I believe it was Joey Ramone who said...."I got a lot to say, I got a lot to say, I got a lot to say. I can't remember now, I can't remember now, I can't remember now."

Remember one of our first posts entitled......Wither Thou?   The gist of that post consisted of a piece written by Dustin Monke of the Dickensen (N.D.) Press speculating on the future of teams from Black Hills State and South Dakota School of Mines.  Here's a more-recent article (May 22) from the Rapid City Journal, in which, it appears, the schools have been green-lighted to apply for NCAA Division II membership and to start application for conference affiliation.  Butch Raymond, the commissioner of the MSU's league, the Northern Sun, is quoted extensively in this article. The commissioner of the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference, J.R. Smith, also chimes in.

Monke added to his original post in March, deducing that the non-contract renewal of Minot State's men's basketball coach Mike Hultz was due to his not being a big fan of Minot State's impending move to NCAA Division II.  Minot State, not unlike Sioux Falls College, is looking to make a move and, again, it's been speculated, that the NSIC might possibly be the favored destination.

And you thought it was just Notre Dame, Texas, Rutgers, Missouri, Nebraska, et al that have big decisions to make regarding their athletic programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment